- Today’s comic is Obama’s new comedy DVD: “…You Just Might Have Romnesia!” by Ruben Bolling:
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- Sign up to help get Democratic voters to the polls in swing states with Workers’ Voice, the largest independent Democratic voter turnout operation in the country. You can participate no matter where you live.
- Oh Florida:
The Florida county that brought us the hanging chad 12 years ago is in the midst of yet another electoral mess — and the presidential election is still nearly two weeks away.
The problem this time: 27,000 filled-out absentee ballots in Palm Beach County that were misprinted and cannot be read by tabulation machines. County officials are having the results from all those ballots copied onto properly laid-out ballots, with representatives from both the Obama and Romney campaigns watching for signs of trouble.
- Hillary Clinton just might stick around when President Obama wins his second term to continue being the most bad-ass secretary of state ever.
- Isn’t it amazing how loving someone who is gay makes it harder to hate gay people?
Minnesota’s fight over same-sex marriage is on the verge of claiming Greg and Veronica Seivert’s lifelong devotion to the Catholic Church.
The Seiverts’ shift away from the church began in the fall of 2008, when their college-age daughter told them she was a lesbian. As the family began adjusting to the news, the Seiverts became increasingly uncomfortable with the church’s preaching against same-sex marriage. In September, they sent their pastor a letter explaining they were leaving the parish. Soon after, the priest sent back a letter, calling same-sex attraction a “disorder” similar to “alcoholism … or clinical depression, or kleptomania.”
Now the Seiverts find themselves in a wrenching personal and spiritual conflict, torn between supporting their daughter and a church whose leaders are unwavering in their opposition to same-sex marriage.
- Uh, congratulations, I guess?
A month-long auction for 20-year-old Catarina Migliorini’s virginity ended this morning when a Japanese man called Natsu bid $ 780,000 for the “date,” as the NY Daily News calls it.
Federal authorities have arrested a New York City police officer in connection with a failed plot to kidnap women and cook them.
According to the complaint, Officer Gilberto Valle used his home computer to to discuss plans to “kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts” of several women.
On today’s Kagro in the Morning show we learned the Navy was actually smaller in 2007 than it is now. Greg Dworkin covered the polls & the punditry’s love for narrative that drove Romney “momentum” stories totally unsupported by any actual data. Armando & I caught up on the Mourdock Meltdown. Plus: gun policy vs changing technology, and why the CW that the filibuster promotes compromise is backwards. Remember: Vote for us for “Best New Show” in the Stitcher Awards!
Midday open thread
Posted by admin on October 25th, 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.