- Today’s comic is Cyber-Snuggly by Mark Fiore:
- Rupert Murdoch is sorry about that whole covering up the phone hacking thing. Sort of:
Rupert Murdoch admitted Thursday there had been a “cover-up” of phone hacking at his flagship British tabloid newspaper and apologized for not paying more attention to a scandal that has convulsed his media empire and rocked the British political establishment. [...]
“Someone took charge of a cover-up, which we were victim to and I regret,” he said at the Leveson Inquiry, an independent British probe prompted by charges of illegal eavesdropping by his newspaper.
- Congratulations to Connecticut for becoming the 17th state to ban the death penalty.
- While Mitt Romney’s surrogates are keeping their distance from him and their eyes on 2016, President Obama has this guy:
Bill Clinton is the best surrogate in the country.
When it comes to primaries, especially, the man just wins. [...]
“Bill Clinton isn’t just a bright shiny object for the primary, he’s a gold star in the general as well,” said Democratic strategist Jef Pollock. “President Clinton can be very effective and remains popular with a broad range of voters who will be key swing groups come November.” [...]
Clinton is a particularly good surrogate in this day and age, because he reminds people of a better day, when a Democratic president was delivering budget surpluses.
- The 10 funniest fake politicians on Twitter.
- Wow, Spirit Airlines, you’re a bunch of dicks:
Jerry Meekins says he is dying.
The St. Petersburg man says he has been battling esophageal cancer for some time, but doctors recently told him the cancer has spread and his condition is terminal. [...]
Meekins recently purchased tickets from Spirit to see his daughter in New Jersey but he says, “Two weeks after I bought the ticket, I found out I was terminal.”
He said his doctors told him he should not fly, so he called the airline to ask for a refund. [...]
A spokesman from Spirit Airlines issued a statement: “Our reservations are non-refundable, which means we don’t do refunds and we are not going to issue Mr. Meekins a refund.”
- “Ex-gay” “expert” Dr. Robert Spitzer is also sorry for making up all that shit about gay people.
- Oakland A’s righthander Brandon McCarthy doesn’t think making fun of gay people is very funny:
McCarthy’s tweet: “They put two guys on the ‘Kiss Cam’ tonight. What hilarity!! (by hilarity I mean offensive homophobia). Enough with this stupid trend.”
- Oh, snap:
Norwegians raised their voices in unison on Thursday to get under the skin of admitted mass killer Anders Behring Breivik.
An estimated 40,000 people turned out in central Oslo’s Youngstorget square to sing “Children of the Rainbow,” a Norwegian version of “My Rainbow Race,” written by American folk singer Pete Seeger.
During his trial for the killings of 77 people last summer, Breivik cited the song as an example of Marxist influence on Norwegian culture.
- When Fred Thompson isn’t selling reverse mortgages on TV, he’s making really weird web videos to sell his own newsletter, Fred Thompson’s America.
Midday open thread
Posted by admin on April 26th, 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.