From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE…
10 9 8 7 Weeks ’til Netroots Nation!!!
Zoinks! Zounds! Only 49 freakin’ days! The latest:
- The discounted block of hotel rooms is now SOLD OUT…but there are still rooms available at the non-discounted rate, and some discount-rate rooms may open up if there are cancellations. Please read this update from Nolan Treadway for details.
- The NN12 panels were announced last week, and you can check ‘em out here. Sadly, my anarchy panel was rejected because my submission was too disorganized.
- Catch pre-convention NN12 panel previews LIVE via “Spreecast.” It’s like a super-pumped-up live interactive webcast. Click here for details. The first Spreecast is next Thursday, April 26 at 6pm ET. It’ll star members of the panel called The Battle for Congress: Q&A on the 2012 Elections, including Daily Kos Contributing Editor Steve Singiser and Political Director David Nir.
- The Round 2 Scholarship period has ended, but… you can still try for one via the Raise the Future program.
- The Netroots for the Troops campaign assembles care packages at Netroots Nation for our troops in remote combat areas overseas and VA hospitals here at home. The donation link is here. And check out the dazzling hand-made NFTT quilt that’ll be on display at Netroots Nation: it’s pretty doggone purty. Kudos to Kossack BeadLady and her crew of quilters.
- Michael and I RSVP’d this week to join the the day of service crew at Roger Williams Park on Sunday, June 11th. Among the dignitaries who’ll be helping us give back to the Providence community: Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Rep. Jim Langevin, Rep. David Cicilline and Providence Mayor Angel Taveras. Join us! Click here to RSVP.
- To register for the convention, click here.
- To stay in the loop, get on the email list and follow NN12 on Facebook and twitter.
My NN12 super diet is going great, by the way. My freezer has already lost ten half-gallons of Friendly’s ice cream and a dozen Stouffers French bread pizzas.
Cheers and Jeers starts below the fold… [Swoosh!!] RIGHTNOW! [Gong!!]