Steve Benen documents the latest wrinkle in the Mittness Protection program: that Fox News is turning itself into a 24×7 Mitt-a-thon.
• Monday: Romney visited with “Fox & Friends” in the morning, followed by an interview with Fox’s Neil Cavuto in the afternoon.
• Wednesday: Romney was interviewed by Fox’s Megyn Kelly in the afternoon.
• Thursday: Romney sat down with Fox’s Bill Hemmer in the morning, appeared on Fox Radio in the afternoon, then talked to Fox’s Sean Hannity in the evening.
• Friday: Romney appeared again on “Fox & Friends.”
• Sunday: Romney will appear again on “Fox News Sunday” this weekend, just three weeks after his last appearance on the same show.
In the last five days alone, Romney’s done three times as many interviews on Fox as he has press availabilities with the media since mid-February.
Before this week, Rick Santorum said Fox News was shilling for Mitt Romney. I guess they wanted to make sure they proved him correct.