- Today’s comic by Jen Sorensen is The ultimate Republican candidate:
- Another foreign policy failure for the Obama administration—they should stop wasting time and go after bin Laden or something:
North Korea has agreed to suspend uranium enrichment and a moratorium on nuclear and long-range missile tests in a breakthrough in negotiations with the United States.
… and will allow International Atomic Energy inspectors to verify and monitor it, and to confirm disablement of its nuclear reactor and associate facilities.
- Do you remember back in the day, when Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said they’d have a “zero tolerance” policy on ethics violations? There are currently at least 10 House Republicans under investigation for ethics violations.
- The three-point shot President Obama sank four years ago is still paying dividends:
President Barack Obama is receiving large political contributions from a formerly underdeveloped source of campaign funds: The National Basketball Association.
- This sounds like bad news but it’s not given that the Urban Dictionary’s definition is even better than the one at Spreading Santorum:
Google has changed its algorithm and the Spreading Santorum site is no longer on the first page of results, though the first result (after election tallies) is a link to the Urban Dictionary definition of Santorum.
- Geez, can these guys get anything right?
The mortuary at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware disposed of body parts of some victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by burning them and dumping the ashes in a landfill, an independent panel said in a report to the Pentagon released on Tuesday.
- Oh, sad. Rupert will have to find someone else to hack into the voice mail of murdered teenage girls:
Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, News Corporation, announced on Wednesday that his son James had stepped down as executive chairman of News International, the British newspaper subsidiary that is embroiled in layers of overlapping police and judicial inquiries into phone hacking and illegal payments to the police.
- Republicans come in all shapes and sizes … and levels of assholery:
A congressional candidate running as a Republican in the upcoming Illinois primary says the “Holocaust never happened.”
Arthur Jones, 64, a Lyons, IL, insurance salesman who organizes family-friendly, neo-Nazi events around Adolf Hitler’s birthday, hopes to be the Republican candidate chosen to run against Democratic Congressman Dan Lipinski in Illinois’ 3rd Congressional District.
Yeah, here’s hoping.
A New Jersey mother born on February 29 beat 2 million-to-1 odds when she had her daughter – who was also born on leap day.
- And speaking of leap day, why do we have it?
- Condolences to family and friends:
Davy Jones, lead singer of ’60s pop sensations and television band The Monkees has died at the age of 66 in his home state of Florida, according to the Martin County medical examiner’s office. He suffered a heart attack.
Midday open thread
Posted by admin on February 29th, 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.