(Posted on behalf of the organizers and participants of the NFTT blogathon)
Netroots For The Troops® is holding a blogathon this week, Feb. 20-24, to raise funds to send Care Packages to soldiers overseas and, this year for the first time, we are also sending Care Packages domestically to VA hospitals.
Please join Sen. Kerry, Gov. Dean, Elizabeth Warren and many kossacks as we blog to give our gift of support to our soldiers at home and overseas.
Today’s roundup of blogathon diaries:
- Senator John Kerry via Meteor Blades emphasizes the importance of Care Packages in Sen. John Kerry writes in support of Netroots for the Troops thru examples of letters his office has received from boxes they’ve sent.
- FishOutofWater speaks of his objection to war in NFTT: Freedom Way but explains his understanding of the difference the policy and those who have the burden of carrying it out and why we should support them.
- Governor Howard Dean points out the burden we place upon those who serve in Support Their Sacrifice and the importance of supporting them not only with Care Packages, but challenging the reasons for putting them harm’s way.
- CJB offers up a prized possession in I’m Puttin up a Bat for the Troops as an offering for donations in a cause they believe in.
- Eclectablog shares his experience with his cousin in NFTT: Nobody understands and how that experience drives his passion to do for all our serving military.
- Patriot Daily Clearinghouse News relates her personal experience in putting together Care Packages in NFTT: Sometimes Soldiers Live on our Care Packages Plus, $ 1,000 Matching Donor and how in some cases the recipients “live” off their Care Packages.
- blue jersey mom tell of blue jersey dads military experience in NFTT: A Challenge and a Chat with blue jersey dad and offers a small challenge to rec the diary (hint; each one is worth a quarter).