- Today’s comic by Tom Tomorrow is More bad news for (parallel) Romney:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos …
- The overly partisan brain test, by Matt Wuerker
- Rick Santorum is an unproven theory, by Hunter
- Watching the polls in the race for the White House—hat a difference a few months makes, by Steve Singiser
- Federalism, the Affordable Care Act … and contraception, by DemFromCT
- Rep. Steve King and the scary lightbulbs of scary doom, by Hunter
- Republicans undiscover fire, by Mark Sumner
- My ribbon is red: Planned Parenthood fights HIV/AIDS, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Breaking Faith With Progressive Values: E.J. Dionne and Bob Jones, by Armando
- Newt Gingrich has a timeline of his life up on Facebook … who knew that he’d only been married once?
- Can Arizona go blue?
Jim Messina, President Barack Obama’s campaign manager, rallied local volunteers Sunday by assuring them that Obama intends to fight for Arizona, a state he lost four years ago to Sen. John McCain. [...]
“You all in here are making calls, talking to voters and doing what you do, because you understand the simple truth, which is we can win Arizona,” Messina told the troops. “People said last time, ‘Oh, you can’t win Virginia,’ until we did. ‘You can’t win Florida,’ until we did. ‘You can never win North Carolina,’ until we did. And so a whole bunch of people are saying, ‘Can he win Arizona? Can he not win Arizona?’ The fact is you all are the secret weapon we have.”
- Do not, I repeat, do not be drinking any liquids when you read this:
Palin has proven herself the most powerful female politician in the world. Angela Merkel runs a country and has a little influence in Europe. Hillary Clinton’s name used to be on the lips of people in the same sentence as “president of the United States.” But no one else can speak and shake the corridors of power to the foundation as can Palin
From inveighing against “death panels” in Obamacare to crony capitalism in Washington, Palin has shaped the political agenda is more profound ways that one would imagine a private citizen who has the bottom half of a failed presidential campaign who was hounded out of office could achieve.
- And speaking of Sarah Palin, watch John McCain claim that he doesn’t regret choosing the disaster from Alaska as his running mate.
- Teabagger Senator Mike Lee’s PAC—launched to “to provide financial, strategic and material support to candidates it endorses”—is a bust and (should be) pretty damn embarrassing for an alleged fiscal conservative:
The PAC raised slightly more than $ 26,000 while spending nearly $ 29,000 for the six-month period ending Dec. 31, leaving it with just more than $ 2,500 in cash on hand. As of yet, there are no strategists on its payroll nor are any fundraisers on retainer.
- Gee, I can’t imagine why Supreme Court Justices have become fodder for late-night comedians.
- The next time you want to complain about snow:
The deepest snows in recent memory have buried parts of Romania under 13 to 16 feet (4-5 meters). The snow has reached the roofs of houses in some villages.
Midday open thread
Posted by admin on February 13th, 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.