Coming up on Sunday Kos …
- Hunter will talk about Democracy™.
- Amid talk of the most minor of changes to the federal revenue stream, Arjun Jaikumar will speculate on more drastic measures and the possible consequences.
- It has been said many times that President Obama’s greatest strength in his re-election bid is the weakness of his opposition. Steve Singiser crunches the numbers, and finds some cause for relief. But he also sounds a cautionary note, as well.
- Mark Sumner wants to know why everything is on the table in the deficit negotiations—except the real causes of the deficit.
- Laurence Lewis will reiterate that we’re having the wrong discussion with the wrong people at the wrong time.
- Republicans are doing a lot of damage to the country, but most of it isn’t occurring in Washington. Dante Atkins will reemphasize the importance of getting local.
- Denise Oliver-Velez will discuss the birthday of Mrs. Mary McLeod Bethune, her historical significance as a leader in the struggle for education, civil rights, women’s rights, and health care, and her position as the only female member of FDR’s “Black Cabinet.”